Internationally renowned PGA golf course architects are contracting with the Spirit of California for the golf course design. The architecture and facility amenities will be coordinated with Peter Alexander for continuity, quality and imagery consistent with the Entertainment Park’s theme.
We will provide a facility for the attraction of world class golfing, as well as appeal to the local and regional golfing enthusiasts on a daily basis. It will be designed to the high standards of the other venues in the entertainment park environment and synergy.
The course will encompass challenges for the professional and enthusiast golfers in an environment of rolling acreage abounding with water features, elevation changes and Northern California native landscaping.
The beauty and environment of the facility will be enhanced consistent with the expectations of the Spirit of California Entertainment Park for a first class experience, from the club house to the pro golf shop and restaurants, to the 18th hole.
• SPIRIT OF CALIFORNIA GOLF COURSE - We will provide a breathtaking 27 holes of refined fairway. The stunning and gorgeous environment encourages the spirit and camaraderie inspired by this great game. Wandering creeks, cascading waterfalls and graceful gardens form a landscape that is simply inspiring. Accept this coveted challenge and enjoy the golf experience of a lifetime.
• DESIGNERS - Spirit of California (SOC) has chosen an internationally sought after authority on golf course design, renovation and the environment. The experience of the team includes Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Byron Nelson and Robert Trent Jones. His apprenticeship started with the late American Society of Golf Courses.
The team has made evolutionary changes in design, construction, and technology. They are regarded by “Golf Digest Magazine” Senior Architectural Editor Ron Whitten as “the modern bible of golf course design.” Projects include “Top 100” designs in both the United States and Canada.
• WALKING - The fine fescue fairways provide a fast and firm-playing surface that puts the natural undulations of the property on full display. For the traditional golfer the “Executive 9” will be played as a walking course only. Golf is played in a traditional atmosphere with few artificial distractions. Professional caddies will be available and highly recommended.
• LAWN (GRASS) - The grass is bio engineered specifically for Spirit of California. It is drought resistant, and always green throughout all 4 seasons. It is designed as a special dwarf grass so that consistency is unmatched. This grass will rarely need to be mowed. Our grass will require 70% less water usage than any other similar course of this caliber.
• CLUB HOUSE - The Clubhouse overlooks the course and provides the ultimate in day use amenities. The lodge will have the finest, spacious locker rooms, featuring teak lockers, private showers, steam rooms, an on-site masseuse, merchandise proshop and golf simulator training center. SOC will proudly introduce the world’s first video shadow technology.
The private banquet rooms will feature leather chairs, golf memorabilia and opulent chandeliers. For your fine dining pleasure you will enjoy the cathedral ceilings accented by the two-story granite fireplace. The private meeting and banquet space is also available for small to medium groups.
• MICHELIN STAR ACCOMMODATIONS - Adjacent to the 18th fairway we will present the finest lodging and overnight accommodations. No expense is spared when pampering the discerning national or international golf enthusiast. Nothing but the finest in exquisite “in suite” food service can be enjoyed in your sleek 800 to 1500 s.f. suite. Fine dining from the roof top viewing promenade will feature gourmet breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night buffet. Only the finest in specialty drinks and spirits will be served at the famous circular “Eagle Lounge.”
• COTTAGE - A unique experience awaits golfers when they walk off the final green and take a short stroll to their private Irish cottage. Each one to four bedroom cottage offers private bathrooms, fireplace, antique furnishings, Egyptian linens and the technology you need to stay connected to the rest of the world.
• GOLF MERCHANDISE - Play and win like a champion. Get the gear you’ll need to look and play your best from the brands at the top of their game, including Bobby Jones, Peter Millar, Donald Ross, Polo and TaylorMade. Visit the Golf Shop for items offered exclusively onsite at the SOC Golf Course including “U.S. Open” merchandise, or shop 24/7 from our online storefront.
• SIMULATORS - It is always special to get a leg up on the competition utilizing our state of the art interactive golf swing simulators. These simulators have golf pros verbal instructions with a swing analysis program letting you view yourself as your swing unfolds. The realistic video display will accurately display your swing profile from all angles.
The video simulators will highlight the golfers playing ability against the most notable golf courses in the world. You can challenge yourself playing any hole on most any course you wish to master. You will perfect your technique before you step up to the first tee box.
• Amenities -
- Golf carts available for tee time reservations.
- Putting greens for pre tee time practice.
- Driving range available daily.
- Restrooms on course and other site locations are available.
- On course catering for tournaments & special events.
- Daily concierge on course beverage and snack services.
- Professional caddies are available.
- Convenient parking provided adjacent to club house
• Airports, Accommodations, Extended Parking and Transportation